On Residency

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

anothr quick note to answer my sister's questions in a more obvious manner.

An M2 is a second year nedical student. I am an M1. It's logical. That's the way we do things in medial school - all logic.

I never got my book. I bought the book here two days ago for the same price. I should be getting a refund. Acording to Amazon, the process has been started. The seller has been nothing but nice and helpful, so for this I blame the postal service.

There have been two social gatherings over the last two nights. I haven't gone to either one although I have told peolpe that I would be there. There is another one tonight. I need to unpack my place more before my parents arrive tomorrow for the white coat cerimony on Friday. If I get it done by 7 tonight, which I should be able to do, I will go. If I feel like leaving my house that is.

It's much cooler in the library than it is in my house, since I refuse to turn on the air conditioning unless I absolutely have too. The basement, where my study is located, is much cooler than the rest of the house. I should be able to study down there and be comfortable in the summer/fall.

I am going to have to become very organized. I have always been a bit organized, but I have the habit of starting out well and then letting things go as time progresses. I wonder how disorganized one can get in 10 weeks????

There are lots of things to motivate me to keep on top of things. My in-state tuition is tied to my performance, so if I do poorly, I could be paying a lot more. There are a limited number of regents scholarships that they have to the top so many students. These scholarships are full tuition. Wouldn't it be nice if I could do well enough to get this?

They seem to have the best interest of the student in mind. They begin by telling you what kind of services are available - like counceling and academic tutoring.

On the first day, one of the deans said, "You learn all sorts of thing you could care less about." People seem to have a good sense of humor here.

that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home